How To Set Up Your Own Okta App (SAML)
Log in to your Okta account as an Administrator.
At the top left of the page, change to Classic UI.
Go to Applications, then click Add Application, then click Create New App.
- Choose platform Web.
- For Sign on method, select SAML 2.0.
- Click Create.
For Application Name, enter your organization’s name. Then, click Next
- For Single sign on URL enter:
- For Audience URI (SP Entity ID) enter your App ID (App ID can be found under App Settings in LogonLabs)
For Advanced Settings, please ensure that the following are set:
- Response set to Signed
- Assertion Signature set to Signed
- Assertion Encryption set to Unencrypted
Under Attribute Statements (Optional), add the following entries:
- Name email and value user.email.
- Name first_name and value user.firstName
- Name last_name and value user.lastName
- Name uid and value user.id (please note that you will need to type this value, as it is not in the dropdown)
- Select I’m an Okta customer adding an internal app
- Select This is an internal all that we have created.
- Click Finish.
Go to the Sign On tab, and click the View Setup Instructions button. Take note of the settings for the LogonLabs setup below.
Add your users to the App.
- Go to logonlabs.com
- Click Sign In and authenticate (or Sign Up make a new account and authenticate).
- Navigate to Providers, then to Default Rules (or Domain Rules and open/create a domain module).
- Click on the Okta button under Enterprise Identity Providers.
- Choose SAML for the protocol.
- Enter a name.
- Enter a description (optional).
- Enter the Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL from the Okta setup instructions above.
- Enter the Identity Provider Issuer from the Okta setup instructions above.
- Enter the X.509 Certificate from the Okta setup instructions above. Do not include the BEGIN and END tags.
- Click Save & close.
- Enable Okta by clicking the new entry in the Okta Identity Providers list.
How To Set Up Your Own Okta App (OpenID Connect)
How To Set Up Your Own Keycloak App (OpenID Connect)