How To Set Up Your Own Google App (OpenID Connect)
Log in to the Google Cloud Console:
In the left pane, click on APIs & Services, then OAuth consent screen.
- For Application type, choose Internal.
- For Application name, enter your organization’s name.
- For Support email, enter your email address.
Note: For the Google Enterprise Provider, please ensure that the application type is Internal. This restricts login to your domain only, whereas “Public” will allow any Google user to log in.
- For Scope, add email, profile, and openid.
- For Authorized domains, add:
- Enter the remaining fields for your organization as needed (please note that these can be changed later).
- Click Save.
In the left pane, click on Credentials.
Click Create credentials, and then select OAuth client ID.
- For Application type, select Web application.
- For Name, enter your app name. We recommend entering your organization name.
- For Authorized redirect URIs, enter:
- Click Create.
In the dialog that appears, take note of the Client ID and Client Secret.
- Go to logonlabs.com
- Click Sign In and authenticate (or Sign Up make a new account and authenticate).
- Navigate to Default Rules (or Domain Rules and open/create a domain module).
- Click on the Google button under Enterprise Identity Providers.
- Click Add.
- Choose OpenID Connect for the protocol.
- Enter a name.
- Enter a description (optional).
- In the Login URL field, enter:
- In the Token URL field, enter:
- Enter the Client ID from the Google OAuth setup steps above.
- Enter the Client Secret from the Google OAuth setup steps above.
- Click Add
- Enable Google by clicking the new entry in the Google Identity Providers list.