Custom Twitter Identity Provider
Log in to the developer site of Twitter:
Note: After logging in, you may need to go back to the Developer URL above.
- Go to the Developer Portal at the top of the page.
- Click on your account name at the top right, then click Apps.
- Click the Create an app button (Please note that you may need to apply for a Twitter Developer account)
- Enter your App name. We generally recommend using your company name for the App name
- Click Complete.
- Take note of your API key and API secret key for the Bread & Butter setup below.
- Click App Settings under Setup your App.
- Enter an App Description.
- Click Edit for Authentication settings.
- Toggle on Enable 3-legged OAuth.
- Enable Request email address from users.
- For the Callback URLs, enter:
- Enter your Website URL.
- Click Save.
- Go to logonlabs.com
- Click Sign In and authenticate (or Sign Up make a new account and authenticate).
- Navigate to Providers, then to Default Rules (or Domain Rules and open/create a domain module).
- Click “Sign in with Twitter” button.
- Select “Set Twitter for Production”.
- Enter a custom name and description.
- Enter the Client ID from the Twitter setup steps above (API key).
- Enter the Client Secret from the Twitter setup steps above (API secret key).
- Click Save & Close.
- Click the checkbox next to your new Twitter provider to enable it.