Custom Twitter Identity Provider
Log in to the developer site of Twitter:
Note: After logging in, you may need to go back to the Developer URL above.
- Click on your account name at the top right, then click Apps.
- Click the Create an app button (Please note that you may need to apply for a Twitter Developer account)
- Enter your App name. We generally recommend using your company name for the App name
- Enter a brief description of what your app will do. For example, you can say that it will be used for authentication on your website login page.
- Enter your Website’s URL.
- Check Enable Sign in with Twitter.
- For the Callback URLs, enter:
- Enter a detailed description of how this app will be used. For example, state that it will be used for authenticating users to your website only. Or if you intend to request additional scopes and access from users, please state this here as well.
- Click Create.
- Go to the Keys and tokens tab.
- Take note of the API Key and API secret key for the LogonLabs setup below.
- Go to logonlabs.com
- Click Sign In and authenticate (or Sign Up make a new account and authenticate).
- Navigate to Default Rules (or Domain Rules and open/create a domain module).
- Click on the Twitter Social Provider icon.
- Click Create New to start creating your custom Twitter provider.
- Enter a custom name and description.
- Enter the Client ID from the Twitter setup steps above (API key).
- Enter the Client Secret from the Twitter setup steps above (API secret key).
- Click Add.
- Click the checkbox next to your new Twitter provider to enable it.